Spanish maestros? Please advise me!

Dave W

Spanish maestros? Please advise me!

Mensaje por Dave W » Mié Jul 18, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi, I am keen to get to know the works of Spanish guitar masters, who should I seek to listen to?

Many thanks, Dave W

Igants

Re: Spanish maestros? Please advise me!

Mensaje por Igants » Lun Nov 05, 2007 10:17 am

Hello, I'm writing from Spain. I'm vey fond of a Guarrist named José Miguel Moreno. He is also a researcher , luthier and entrepreneur (He cofounded the record label Glossa and he builds his own intruments). He published a very good compilation of Spanish Guitar music. The remarkable thing is that he looks into every work and play it with the original instrument it was written for (romantic Guitar, vihuela, baroque guitar)

After this compilation he has being recording about specific authors both spanish and European.

Here you have a link to his personal page in the glossa records label http://www.glossamusic.com/artists/jmmoreno.htm.

I recommend the two records about the Spanish guitar: The Spanish Guitar I (1536-1836)
Music for vihuela, baroque guitar and romantic guitar
and
The Spanish Guitar II (1818-1918)
Music for romantic and post-romantic guitars
GCD 920105

I hope you like it

factotem9

Mensaje por factotem9 » Mié Dic 05, 2007 2:01 am

Do you mean composers or performers? In my opinion, one of the greatest interpreters of Spanish guitar music is Pepe Romero. John Williams, David Russell, and Norbert Kraft All have fine CDs of Spanish music.

And then there's a fellow named Segovia.....

arby

Mensaje por arby » Lun Ene 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Igants escribió: I'm vey fond of a Guarrist named José Miguel Moreno.
Just wanted to second the recommendation for José Miguel Moreno.

Garró no té fam

Mensaje por Garró no té fam » Sab Ene 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi, I supose that when you talk about "maestros", it meaning is composer.

Well, in my opinion the best composer in the history of Spain is Francisco Tárrega. I'm sure that you know him.

Others that likes me, are "Joaquín Rodrigo, with the "Concierto de Aranjuez", Isaac Albéniz, with "Asturias" or Paco de Lucía. All of them are very knowled.

I will hope that I can help you.
Bye!

Woodstock

Mensaje por Woodstock » Vie Mar 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi Dave

I think Federico Moreno-Torroba's music for the guitar is well worth a listen. I know both David Russell & Segovia have recorded collections of his pieces. In particular his "Castles of Spain" are worth having a go at playing.

Cheers

Woodstock

lyrklaunavan

Mensaje por lyrklaunavan » Lun Jun 30, 2008 5:24 am

According to me, Fernando Sor is the most elegant composer of Spanish Era. I think new generation is neglecting him.

Volver a “English”