Biography of Francisco Tárrega

rguitphil

Biography of Francisco Tárrega

Mensaje por rguitphil » Vie Jul 03, 2009 5:59 pm

This year is the centenary of the death of Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909), and to mark this anniversary we are planning to bring out in December a new illustrated forum biography of Tárrega in all four languages of the Delcamp forums. I have agreed to direct this project.

The first thing I intend to do is to compile a bibliography that we can use to create this biography. I will begin to check the databases. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and contributions anyone can make to this bibliography. JohnRoss has actually begun this in his post to this thread on June 25. Here is what he has given us so far:

Flores Sacristán, Onofre; López Orba, Salustiano. Memòria gràfica de Tàrrega.Vila-real: Ayuntamiento de Vila-real, 2004
Moser, Wolf. Francisco Tárrega. La guitarra en España entre 1830 y 1960. Castellón: Ayuntamiento de Castellón, 2007
Pujol, Emilio. Tárrega: Ensayo biográfico. Lisbon; 1960
Orozco, Jorge; Rius Espinós, Adrián. Tárrega y su época : nombres propios de la guitarra. Cordoba: Ayuntamiento de Cordoba, 2003
Rius Espinós, Adrián. Francisco Tárrega, 1852-1909. Valencia: Piles editorial, 2006
Rius, Adrián. Francisco Tárrega, 1852-2002. Valencia: Aguada Impresores, 2002

Once we have compiled a bibliography, I will need volunteers to each take one source, read it, and report back to me with a sort of "book report". From these reports I will put together our first draft, which we will then edit as a group project, much as was done with the Llobet biography.

I am planning to read the Pujol book myself.

whooper

Re: Biography of Francisco Tárrega

Mensaje por whooper » Mar Jul 07, 2009 6:58 am

Hi rguitphil-san,

It sounds like an ambitious and grandious project. For your info., in your list, two books are available in Japanese.

Pujol, Emilio. Tárrega: Ensayo biográfico. Lisbon; 1960
Rius, Adrián. Francisco Tárrega, 1852-2002. Valencia: Aguada Impresores, 2002

I have a copy of Pujol's.

Good luck
Whooper

Volver a “English”