Hello from Cape Town

Paul

Hello from Cape Town

Mensaje por Paul » Sab Feb 07, 2009 6:49 am

Greetings from a sunny Cape Town.

Within a few posts I hope to be able to access some of the mp3's hidden on this forum. I just wish I could speak Spanish to browse through the forums for easily. Is it acceptable to post a google translation in a post?

Regards,

Paul

George-Henry

Re: google translation in a post?

Mensaje por George-Henry » Mié Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Paul escribió: Is it acceptable to post a google translation in a post?
Why not? Just keep the text simple. To check out how effective a translation is, I copy the result of the foreign translation (with cut and paste) and let it translate back into English. If the result is unacceptable, I substitute key words with synonyms, and try again. Trying different translaters also may help, for example this one... http://dictionary.reference.com/translate
:wink: George

marcus.2

Re: Hello from Cape Town

Mensaje por marcus.2 » Jue Feb 12, 2009 4:53 am

Hi Paul, Keep posting so you don't get pruned. Welcome, marcus. :D

Paul

Mensaje por Paul » Vie Feb 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Ha ha. I'll bear that in mind.

Paul

Paul

Mensaje por Paul » Mar Jun 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Please don't delete my account yet. I've been very lazy in listening to the music. :?

I hope google translated my location correctly. :)

Paul

whooper

Mensaje por whooper » Mar Jun 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi Paul-san,

Hello again in another Latin country!

Regards
Whooper

Paul

Mensaje por Paul » Mié Jun 17, 2009 8:26 am

Thank you Whooper-san.

Are you in the French forum also?

whooper

Mensaje por whooper » Mié Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi Paul-san,

No never. French is totally incompatible. That's why Samurai guitarists were kicked out, hahahaha! You speak Afrikaans? Is a method by Carulli, Carcassi, or Giuliani available in this peculiar tongue?

There are many dialects in Japanese. In our feudal period, Japan was governed in lots of small fiefs by Daimyos. Least mobility in population. So northern people couldn't communicate with southern ones. How did they? Via a professional domestic translator or in Kanji or Chinese characters writing. They are a classic case of idiograph, as you know?

Have a nice day

Whooper

GeoffB

Mensaje por GeoffB » Vie Jun 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi, Paul, I see you are over here too, and have been for some months. I hadn't realised, which shows how infrequent my visits have been lately. Unfortunately I don't get much time to listen to mp3s these days, but I like to keep the account open just in case I get more time in the future (or need it to help members on the English forum to find something over here). Nice to see you anyway! :)

Geoff

ps. Greetings to you too, Whooper. Nice to see you are still so active here!

Paul

Mensaje por Paul » Sab Jun 20, 2009 9:18 am

Hi Geoff,

I joined this forum a little while back but only got around to joining the fr and it fora the other day. Silly really. I never got as far as listening to any music. Anyway, I'm trying to rectify that.

Regards,

Paul

Volver a “English”