What are you working on?

Lorette

What are you working on?

Mensaje por Lorette » Sab Ene 03, 2009 10:33 pm

A Happy, Musical New to everyone!
I am starting to learn Mertz's Capriccio for the first piece of 2009. :chitarrista:
What are you all working on?

Gpgs92

Re: What are you working on?

Mensaje por Gpgs92 » Dom Ene 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Well, I'm trying to work on the Bach's Lute Suite No. 1, BWV 996 in E minor. I'm in the prelude yet, but I hope finish this untill april or may. Good sudies to you! Hand Happy New Year.

whooper

Mensaje por whooper » Lun Ene 05, 2009 1:02 am

Lorette-san,

Glad to hear you again in Espana. During long holidays, I bought and practiced a copy of Mel Bay's "Carccasi in Tabulature" fingered by Ben Bolt. All are basic etudes. I started CG again a year ago after a 6-year blank. I think I became able to play so-so, in other words, playing loud but inaccurately. Though I had made most of these etudes in my youth, it is worthwhile following them to check how far I go ahead. Besides, Julio Regondi's edtude #1 in C major and a couple of Pettoletti's variations are under finalizing.

You are challenging a tougher piece, Mertz's Capriccio, aren't you? Is this in a series of "Bardenklänge" op.13? If so, what sheet of music, you follow? :contrat:

GPGS92-san,

Oh, you are great. For me Bach is out of hands as of now. :cry:

Have a nice day :bye:
Whooper

Lorette

Mensaje por Lorette » Mar Ene 06, 2009 4:05 am

whooper escribió: You are challenging a tougher piece, Mertz's Capriccio, aren't you? Is this in a series of "Bardenklänge" op.13? If so, what sheet of music, you follow?
Yes, it's Op 13 no 3. It is deceptive in that it is easier than it looks and sounds. You can find it in the English forum in volume 7, page 98. You can hear it on Our mp3, Our 20 Interpretations. Scroll down. It is beautifully played by david_classg. I can't play it anywhere near that speed. I'm plugging along at mm65-70. I rather like it that slow. It has a different feel. Some day....after a few hundred practice sessions... :chitarrista:

You can get Carcassi's complete progressive 20 etudes on levels 8-10. My favorite ones are numbers 4, 9 and 16. Good luck and have fun!

Daja

Mensaje por Daja » Mié Ene 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Lorette escribió:A Happy, Musical New to everyone!
I am starting to learn Mertz's Capriccio for the first piece of 2009. :chitarrista:
What are you all working on?
I'm working on my Spanish :wink:
More seriously: the last two months I've been working in Spain five days a week and my guitar does not travel with me. So, in the weekends, I just repeat peaces, I allready know well, over and over again (without much success: I'm getting worse and worse :( )

whooper

Mensaje por whooper » Jue Ene 08, 2009 2:59 am

Sehr geerter Daja, frohes neues Jahr,

You say you are only German here. So am I Japanese. Nice to meet you in Hochland. From Mönchengladbach, Dutch or France is closer, I suppose. I am envious of you since you are able to visit famous guitar factories, museum, grand cathedrals, prestigious hotels, beautiful nature, and much more. Enjoy in Espana!

Grüße
Whooper

Volver a “English”